Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where has the time gone??

I was looking back and couldn't believe I haven't posted anything in over a month!! Where does time go? A little update on our lives....I am staying busy at work. It is better...not a lot but a little. I have realized in nursing there is DRAMA in every job! This month I am thankful for my job. I am thankful for my education and nursing. It allows me to pay the bills, help people and have 3-4 days off a week to spend with my boys.  There are ups and downs in every career but in the spirit of November and Thanksgiving, today I am just thankful I am able to work and that I have a job. Not everyone can say that.
Kirk is doing great in school. He is in finals this week and is SUPER busy studying. I am so proud of how hard he has been working! He is almost through his second quarter and has made all As! Such a smarty pants! We still make time for dates though which has been the only thing getting me...and I would like to think him...through this transition in our life.
Blitz is doing good! He has a girlfriend...she is a springer spaniel named Emma. She is owned by Keven and Katie, our friends that also go to MTSA with Kirk. She spent last weekend with us while K & K were out of town. They had so much fun....and so did we...but whoever said having 2 dogs would be easier is on crack! I didn't sleep at all on Friday (I blame this on the dogs NOT the pot of coffee I drank before going to bed). But they are both house trained and very well behaved so I can't complain! I'm glad he has her...because I would like to think he loves her not because she runs out all his energy so I don't have to :)
Kirk's family is coming to see us on Thanksgiving and we are so excited! I have been scouring all my cookbooks, magazines and the web for the best Thanksgiving recipes. I am of course more concerned with how the table is going to be decorated though! I made a table runner out of burlap...a stolen idea from pinterest of course...but you will have to wait and see it in all its glory in my Thanksgiving post. 
Hope everyone is having a great November and remembering daily all the things they are thankful for. We feel truly blessed and are thankful for all of you!

God Bless!
Emily
 

No comments:

Post a Comment