Sunday, September 11, 2011

9-11-01...We will never forget

I think everyone remembers exactly where they were on 9-11-01 when they heard the news. I was 16 years old in Coach Blackburn's class at Cordell High School. They brought TVs in the classroom and let us watch the coverage and the buildings burning. It is a sight I will never forget. Last year my mom, sister and I got to go to NYC on a girls vacation. We went down to ground zero and got to view the museum. They were currently working on the memorial that was opened today. I have never felt so connected to the event than being there that day and seeing the pictures of the people who lost their lives. Then last month I lost a dear coworker in war. The phrase that "Freedom is not free" never has meant so much to me. Today I am thankful for my country and for all the men and women who fight to defend our country. I pray for all the families who lost loved ones on 9-11-01 and since then fighting for country. We will never forget...

























Rest in peace
1st Lt. Damon Leehan
Thank you for your service so that I might live free...


No comments:

Post a Comment