Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Autumn Decor

Since I was off work on Monday and it was the first day of our fall weather here in Nashville (temps in the 60s!!!), I got a bug for fall decorating! I have had a fall wreath for 2 years now that I got a Target...love it but it needed sprucing up this year.

So I bought this letter H at Hob Lob for $1.99

Painted it brown...
And Tada!! 

Since the wreath has the twigs and stiff stems I just had to position the H in the wreath and didn't have to secure it with anything. I also made a bow out of old ribbon I had sitting around and then secured it with a twistie tie!
I fell in love all over again :)  

I also spent some time on decorating my kitchen table. My kitchen/dining room colors go great with fall so its not hard to decorate. This arrangement is repeat decor from last year so no expense...yeah!
I love the way the pumpkins look like a tiered cake!

I scored this wreath for $2.50 last year and this cake stand was given to me by my mother in law. It was yellow and blue and had a scarecrow painted on it! With a can of antique white spray paint it now looks great!
I bought the pumpkins last year at Hob Lob and for the bottom two I cut the stems off. They fit so well together they are just stacked and not glued together! Easier to pack away individually :)
I left my good dinner ware in Oklahoma but got these orange dishes from Burlington for $12.00 for a place setting of 4. Not too shabby and they matched my placemats perfect!
So glad fall is finally here! Already have the first batch of homemade chicken noodle soup and banana nut bread under my belt! Hope you are enjoying your fall so far!

Have a blessed day!
Emily

1 comment: